Comply with our legal obligations, including processing your data subject rights requests
Categories of data potentially involved:
- Basic Data
- Contact Data
- Log Data
- Social Media Data
- Request Data
4. To whom could we disclose your Data?
Within the other FONDATION CHANEL entities.
To the extent permitted by law and taking into account the protection of your rights and freedom in respect of the processing of your Data, and the consent you have given (if any), your Data will only be accessible to a limited and defined number of recipients who need to know it in the course of their duties: only employees of Fondation Chanel who work in the teams that need to hold your information will have access to your personal data.
Your Data may be communicated to Fondation Chanel in France for centralization purposes, and to other Fondation Chanel entities.
We may transfer your Data to another legal entity for the purposes of a collaboration, joint venture, corporate reorganization, change of legal form or other similar event, and to provide you with the best possible service. In case of a merger or sale, your Data will be permanently transferred to the successor company.
Service providers (within and outside FONDATION CHANEL).
Some cases, however, Fondation Chanel makes use of external service providers acting on behalf of Fondation Chanel on the basis of contractual arrangements which will include strict data protection obligations. We will in particular provide your Data to service providers or suppliers (this may include other Fondation Chanel entities) as part of our normal operations for example who help us operate our website, provide services to you or protect the security and integrity of our activities (including providers of computer maintenance, security and support services, hosting providers, etc.).
Other Third Parties.
We may, in limited cases, transfer your Data to governmental agencies and regulators (e.g. tax authorities), courts, and government authorities, all in accordance with applicable law and to external advisors (e.g., lawyers, accountants, auditors etc.), all acting as controllers. In this context, Fondation Chanel may also have to transfer your Data to third parties when it receives a request by an authority empowered by law to do so, pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
Other Digital Partners.
To share social media content, our Site may use share buttons. Our Site may include third-party links, icons or applications that allow you to share content with others, or to publish your visit or opinion of Site content with others such as “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest. The provider of such application buttons may identify you via this button, if you use the button, and even if you have not used this button but are signed in to the social network when you visit the Site (open session during your browsing). Share buttons will allow you to connect the contents consulted to your user account. The processing by these entities is governed by their own privacy policies.
5. International Data Flows
Data recipients as set out in Section 4 above may involve a transfer of your Data to countries that do not provide the same level of data protection. Applicable legal and regulatory requirements are taken into consideration before any cross border transfer of your Data.
Any Data transfers outside your country that do not provide an adequate level of data protection will be secured through appropriate contractual guarantees which will also be in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, such as EU Standard Contractual Clauses.
You may receive relevant portions of the aforementioned documents upon request as required by applicable law.
6. For how long do we keep your Data?
We may need to keep your personal data as long as necessary to provide the services of the Site.
Your personal data will be kept in particular until your last use, and in principle up to ten years thereafter, except if the local laws in force require us to keep it longer or for a lesser period, or if we have a legitimate and legal interest in so doing.
Cookies managed by Fondation Chanel are kept for up to 6 months.
Fondation Chanel respects the retention periods imposed by the laws and regulations in force. If your data is no longer required to provide a service or if you no longer wish to be added to our newsletters or events mailing list, your data will be deleted or archived anonymously or under a pseudonym in order to comply with the regulations in force.
7. What cookies do we use and Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Data?
Cookies are pieces of information that any website may transfer to your browser that are then stored in your computer system. For example, the deposit of cookies enhances your online experience by allowing us to save your preferences. When you use our website, we send one or more cookies – small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your device. We use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. Upon your consent, a persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits of our website. Please note that if you choose not to accept certain cookies, you may not be able to utilize the features of the services provided via the website to their fullest potential. We use third party cookies in connection with the services provided via the website as well. For instance, we use Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data.
(i) compile statistics and determine traffic flow to improve the relevance and usability of the services that are offered to you;
(ii) provide you with tailored services and browsing by customising your user interface.
We may also collect your shortened IP address on a non-readable basis, which does not allow us to directly identify you.
Cookies remained installed for a period of 6 months upon your consent.
To object to the installation of cookies, this link will provide you with additional information about the cookies used by Fondation Chanel as well as specific consent settings if you do not wish Fondation Chanel to use all or part of the above-mentioned cookies.
You can as well in addition configure your browser to disable the installation of cookies by following the instructions below:
- For Mozilla Firefox: select the Tools menu, then Options. Click on the Privacy icon, locate the Cookies menu and select your preferred options.
- For Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 and later: Select the Tools menu, then Internet Options. Click on the Privacy tab and, using the slider, select the desired level.
- For Opera 6.0 and later: In the File menu, select Preferences, then click Privacy and select the desired options.
- For Safari: In the Safari menu, select Preferences, then click Security and select the desired options.
- For Google Chrome: Select the Chrome menu, then select Settings and click Advanced Settings. In the Privacy section, choose Content Settings and in the Cookies section, you will be able to select your options.)
Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact your user experience and may prevent you from using parts of our website.
8. What are your rights?
You may have the following rights to the extent and as provided by the law applicable to you which you can exercise through the contact details provided in Section 9 below:
- A right of access and information: you have the right to be informed in a concise, transparent, intelligible and easily accessible form of the Data we hold and the way in which your Data is processed. You also have the right to obtain (i) confirmation as to whether or not Data concerning you are being processed, and, where that is the case (ii) to access such Data and obtain a copy thereof.
- A right to rectification: you have the right to obtain the rectification of your Data. You also have the right to have incomplete Data completed.
- A right to erasure: in some cases, you have the right to obtain the erasure of your Data. However, this is not an absolute right and Fondation Chanel may have legal or legitimate grounds for keeping such Data.
In addition, if you are an EU citizen, the further rights will apply in accordance with GDPR:
- A right to restriction of processing: in some cases, you have the right to obtain restriction of the processing of your Data.
- A right to data portability: you have the right to receive your Data which you have provided to Fondation Chanel, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you have the right to transmit those Data to another controller without hindrance from Fondation Chanel. This right only applies when the processing of your Data is based on your consent or on a contract and such processing is carried out by automated means.
- A right to object to processing: you have the right to object to processing of your Data when such processing is based on the legitimate interest of Fondation Chanel. Fondation Chanel may, however, invoke compelling legitimate grounds for continued processing. You also have the right to object at any time to the processing of your Data for marketing purposes.
If you have consented to any personal data processing activities, you can withdraw this consent at any time for future processing. Such withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to consent being withdrawn.
You also have the right to unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time by simply clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of each Newsletter.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a competent supervisory authority.
9. How to Contact FONDATION CHANEL for Privacy Queries
To exercise the aforementioned rights, please contact us using the channels indicated below and give us the following information: first name, last name, e-mail address and any other information necessary to confirm your identity and allow us to process your request (your postal address for example).
Please send your request to Fondation Chanel:
- by post: addressed to Fondation Chanel, 5 Barlow Place, London W1J 6DG, United Kingdom
- by e-mail: email@example.com
10. Jurisdiction specific provisions
The above mentioned provisions applicable to your Data may be subject to additional jurisdiction specific laws, regulations and rules. Certain of these are outlined below.
Your California Privacy Rights. Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, California residents are entitled to request and obtain from us certain information about the Personal Data that we disclosed, if any, to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the immediately prior calendar year. This request may be sent electronically by email to firstname.lastname@example.org..
We will respond to these requests within 30 days. Requests for this information that come to us through other channels may result in a delayed response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the “Shine the Light” requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
b) DATA SECURITY
We have implemented appropriate reasonable technical and organizational measures for designed to enhance the security of our website and mobile platforms. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable safeguards to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data. Any transmission of personal data via the Internet is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide. The safety and security of your personal data also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone.
c) CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Site are not directed to children and we do not intentionally solicit, collect or maintain any Personal Data from children under the age of 13 years.
11. Other FONDATION CHANEL entities
Please see below the list of other Fondation Chanel entities:
FONDATION D’ENTREPRISE CHANEL
135 avenue Charles de Gaulle, Neuilly-sur-Seine
5 Barlow Place, London W1J 6DG
FONDATION CHANEL, INC.
9 West 57th Street, New York, NY